Little Nicky is a 2 string “G D” bass guitar. Building a bass guitar presents different issues than a 6 string or 4 string. The strings are much longer and thicker. The tuners are different and of very unique dimensions. But it was very satisfying to complete this build.
Little Nicky presented a number of challenges and problems. It’s normal for problems to arise during a build. Measurements may be a little off. Brittle things snap. Repair and rework can start to add up. Little Nicky was a real winner in this area though. And that’s how he got his name.
- 2 string, wine box guitar, acoustic electric
- two sound holes with brass covers
- D-style oak neck, mahogany fingerboard, padauk fret dots, white side fret dots
- Taylor inspired headstock
- 762 mm scale length (30 inches)
- bone nut, floating mahogany saddle with bone bridge
- Magnetic pickup (4 pole) with brass volume and tone control knob; output jack
- Open gear nickel bass tuners
- Solid brass bin pull tailpiece
- Two strings – .100w and .080w
- Detailed with: brass corners, brass hinges, brass clasp, brass guitar strap buttons